2434 S 24th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
PDF to PDF X-1a format Conversion
We highly recommend using the x-1a (sometimes called x-1a:2001) format for PDFs uploaded into our system. The x-1a format is available primarily through Adobe Creative Suite products such as InDesign or Acrobat Professional.We can utilize PDFs created through Word or free PDF creators, but these do not always create usable PDFs for professional printing. If there is a problem with processing your file or if the results of printing are not as you desire (font problems, contrast in text, poor interior picture quality, etc...), the most effective easy fix is to create new PDFs in the x-1a format and reupload into your account.
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Professional, you can convert your PDF files to x-1a files using the following steps:
1) Select the tools bar.
2) Locate the Print and production tab, expand it and open Preflight.
3) Once Preflight has been opened, select tab "PDF/X Compliance"
4) Select "Convert to PDF/X-1a (SWOP)"
5) Press the "Analyze and Fix" button.
6) Save As with a different name and use the new file to upload to your account.
If this is not successful, an alternative is to use Acrobat Distiller using the following: :
1) Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Profesional
2) Go to File-Print and select Adobe PDF as the printer
3) Click the Properties button next to the Select Printer box
4) In the Standards drop-down box, select PDF x-1a 2001
5) Click the Print button and save the file with a different name.
6) Upload the new PDF to your Author2Market account
After completing your order write down the ORDER ID # which is located when you go to view invoice. Order # is on the right corner of that form. Write it down or print out for you to remember and be able to have on hand in case there are any questions about your books.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE About Saved Books tab
Saved books are made from editable books in Book Setup. They can be connected to other organizations with web ordering and to external sales systems with e-commerce ability. Contact us for further instructions of use.